by Annette Randhahn, Co-creation community leader, VDI-VDE/IT
Communities of practice building knowledge through co-creation
We are glad to invite all Co-creation community members to join the 3rd Co-creation Workshop which will take place next
30th of September 2021 online from 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
This workshop is a part of the series of Co-creation workshops and events the INDIMO partners have been conducting to create the INDIMO digital mobility toolbox. This toolbox will provide a framework and guidelines to transport and logistic stakeholders for the design and implementation of accessible and inclusive digital mobility systems and its related products and services.
The objective of the workshop is to present, discuss and refine the first version of one of the components of that toolbox, the INDIMO policy evaluation tool. This tool is expected to aid policymakers, user organisations (NGOs), operators and other mobility professionals in evaluating to what extent an available or proposed digital mobility or logistic solution meets the needs of (potential) users in their city or region in terms of accessibility, inclusion, cybersecurity and personal data protection, and highlight the barriers and deficiencies. It will be in the format of a self-assessment questionnaire and will also give user behaviour nudging suggestions and recommendations to overcome the identified barriers. Furthermore, the tool will allow policymakers to design strategies necessary for reducing digital exclusion in the digital mobility system.
In this workshop, the development of the policy evaluation tool will be explained, and a first concept version of the tool will be presented to collect inputs from workshop participants in terms of importance of topics covered by the tool and identification of any additional topics that should be covered by the tool. The refined version of the policy evaluation tool will then be tested in INDIMO pilots and later by a wider network of cities for appraising its transferability.
The discussion sessions will cover the application of the policy evaluation tool in the following cases:
- evaluation of an existing or proposed digital mobility or logistic service
- evaluation of existing or proposed mobility policies of a local or regional authority
09:50 – Opening of the online platform | technical check
10:00 – Welcome and introduction session
- Welcome, aims of the workshop ( Imre Keseru – VUB)
- Meeting Rules and introduction of Zoom (Annette Randhahn – VDI/VDE-IT)
- The INDIMO project and co-creating in INDIMO ( Imre Keseru – VUB MOBI)
- Instant poll (Annette Randhahn – VDI/VDE-IT)
- Universal Design Guidelines for digital mobility services – first results (tbd)
- What is the policy evaluation tool?(Hannes Delaere – VUB)
- Instructions for the breakout rooms (Hannes Delaere – VUB)
11:00 – Breakout session 1
Small group discussions about the expectations of stakeholders
towards the policy evaluation tool:
- What kind of output do you expect?
- How will you use it?
- How does it fit into the usual way of planning and authorising digital mobility services?
11:45 – 12:00 Coffee Break
12:00 – Breakout session 2
Small group discussions about the expectations of stakeholders towards the policy evaluation tool:
- What criteria/questions should be included in the tool when evaluating a new digital mobility service?
- Which topics are of priority?
- What key topics are missing?
13:00 – End of workshop
Some additional material regarding the workshop’s content will be shared in the European Transport and Mobility Forum. If you have trouble logging in or forgot your password, don’t hesitate to contact us. If you are not yet a member, an invitation will follow separately.
If you would like to attend the workshop, you can already register here:
When registering, please select the type of stakeholder that describes your profile best. Please contact our communication department at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions or need further information